Premier Soccer League

Man United hit with FA charge for failing to control players

Man United hit with FA charge for failing to control players. Goals from Virgil van Dijk and Mohamed Salah sealed the win for the Reds to take them 16 points clear at the summit of the Premier League. Manchester United have been charged for failing to control their players in the 2-0 defeat to Liverpool at Anfield on Sunday.

Jurgen Klopp’s side also had two goals ruled out in the first half with Gini Wijnaldum straying narrowly offside after Roberto Firmino thought he had ended a season-long drought at Anfield before the half-hour mark.

It was Firmino’s strike that caused unrest in the United ranks as they raged to referee Craig Pawson after the Brazilian had rifled past goalkeeper David de Gea with an excellent finish. United players felt seconds before the goal and De Gea’s own protestations earned him a yellow card as the incident was being looked at by VAR Paul Tierney.

Eventually the effort was chalked off, but Ole Gunnar Solsjkaer‘s side have now been charged with a failure to keep their players in check at Anfield. An FA statement on Tuesday morning read: “Manchester United FC has been charged with a breach of FA Rule E20(a).

“It is alleged that the club failed to ensure its players conducted themselves in an orderly fashion during the 26th minute of the Premier League fixture against Liverpool FC on Sunday (19/1/20).

“Manchester United FC has until Thursday (23/1/20) to provide a response.” The 2-0 victory over United – the only team to have taken points off the Reds this term – means that Klopp’s European and world champions have now beaten every team they have played this season.

They have a chance to complete the 20-team set in the top flight when they travel to West Ham on January 29.

Source – Sport365

In other news – Zimbabwean gunman who killed SA cop finally arrested

Zimbabwean gunman who killed SA cop finally arrested. A South African based Zimbabwean fugitive who allegedly gunned down a South African police captain during a robbery shootout on Saturday in Johannesburg has been arrested.

Preymore Dube

Reports reaching iHarare have revealed that the alleged suspect from Bulawayo, Preymore Dube, shot Diepsloot police captain Matjie (54) three times on the head and he died on the spot…continue reading.

Back to top button