In the wake of former president Jacob Zuma’s son Duduzane’s testimony before the state capture commission this week, Dr Makhosi Khoza has questioned claims by former finance deputy minister Mcebisi Jonas that he did not know that Zuma junior was taking him to the Guptas Saxonwold compound.
Testifying before the Zondo commission earlier this week, Duduzane Zuma said that Jonas, who claimed that the Guptas had offered him R600 million if he accepted their offer to make him Finance Minister, knew that he was being taken to the Gupta compound and why. He flatly denied Jonas’ version to the commission that when jumping into Zuma’s car he was never told that the meeting he was attending would be held at the Saxonwold compound owned by the controversial businessman family.
So he just jumped in my car not knowing where he was going? He knew exactly where we were going and who we were going to meet and why,” said Zuma.
Jonas, in his own version to the commission, said that he met Zuma in October 2015 at the Rosebank Hyatt Hotel and was driven in his car to the Gupta’s home where he was offered the R600 million to become a Finance Minister who would favour their business interests.
Khoza, a former ANC MP, also questioned the veracity of Jonas’ claims via her Twitter account in two separate Tweets – one on Wednesday and the other on Thursday
It is troubling that my trusted Cde & friend Mcebisi Jonas gets into Duduzane’s car he hardly knows to an unknown destination where he is offered R600 million bribe.Mhmmm this figure? I don’t fight battles with hidden agendas. Don’t expect me at State Capture. I’m incorruptible.
— Dr Makhosi Khoza (@Dr_MakhosiKhoza) October 9, 2019
D. Zuma (DZ), JZ, Mbalula, Hlaudi all ate curry. How about M. Jonas (MJ)?uncontested facts 1.Strangers meet at Hyatt hotel (HH) 2 MJ willfully leaves familiar territory (HH) & bodyguards behind in a suspicious stranger’s car 3 MJ ends up at enemy territory?What’s wrong with us?
— Dr Makhosi Khoza (@Dr_MakhosiKhoza) October 10, 2019
In other news – Hundreds of foreigners camp outside UN offices demand to leave SA
Dozens of foreign nationals on Wednesday camped outside the Cape Town offices of the UN refugee agency demanding to be removed from South Africa saying they were no longer safe.
Around 250 foreigners, many claiming to be asylum seekers from various African countries vowed not to leave the premises until the United Nations High Commission for Refugees (UNHCR) addressed their concerns.Wrapped in blankets, women and children lay on mats, while men paced up and down, according to AFP journalists. Read more