Home South Africa News KZN law officials on alert as truck drivers threaten to disrupt traffic

KZN law officials on alert as truck drivers threaten to disrupt traffic

KZN law officials

KwaZulu-Natal law enforcement officials are on alert, expecting trouble after some truck drivers threatened to block and disrupt traffic on the province’s major routes.

The drivers have been protesting the employment of foreign nationals. Several drivers were attacked and vehicles torched.

The KZN Transport Department says its continuing to engage with the industry. Acting KZN Transport MEC Kwazi Mshengu said: “Last week, we then received this intelligence report to say there is a planned march.

In fact, up until yesterday [Monday], the reports were indicating that there are groupings that are planning to continue with the disruption today [Tuesday] and we had to activate our law enforcement officers and deployed in all identified hotspots to ensure that there is no disruption.

“We are happy to indicate that so far there has not been any disruption reported in all our routes, all our routes are quite smooth and the traffic is moving and flowing very well and there are no disruptions as yet, but [we] will continue to be on high alert.

In other news – Cassper Nyovest’s son joins the Samsung family

Cassper Nyovest and son have decided to give us the father-son goals. The star announced the arrival of his baby boy, Khotso in September 2020 and ever since then, he has vowed to keep his private life secret most especially that of his son. Learn more

Source: eNCA