Home South Africa News Stop visiting people in hospitals – Gauteng health department

Stop visiting people in hospitals – Gauteng health department

hospital bed

Visiting times as of Thursday, 26 March have been cancelled at all Gauteng public hospitals for the duration of the lockdown period.
The Gauteng department of health has urged people to stop visiting their loved ones in the province’s hospitals, reiterating that visiting hours have been suspended amid the nationwide lockdown due to the novel coronavirus.

The department said it “noted with concern that people continue to visit public hospitals in numbers to see their loved ones despite the lockdown period announced by the president last week”.

Health department spokesperson Kwara Kekana said: “We wish to inform the public that visiting times as of Thursday, 26 March have been cancelled at all Gauteng public hospitals for the duration of the lockdown period.

“Additional to the measure above, the only patients that will be allowed at hospitals during this period are those who present with an emergency, surgical out-patients, pregnant women and medical out-patients who are booked for collecting medication.

“Furthermore, discretion will be used for those collecting their results (e.g cancer); however, if an issue can wait, kindly stay at home.”

Kekana said everyone would be expected to be sanitised when entering health department premises and everyone would be screened for COVID-19, the condition caused by the virus.

“Depending on the outcomes of the screening, patients will be directed accordingly to triage points set up in our facilities,” Kekana added.

“Lastly, anyone with respiratory symptoms will be provided with a mask.

“We urge the community to be cooperative and work with hospital management during this difficult period and to adhere to the measures.”

In other news – Actress Simz Ngema clears the air on claims she used Dumi Masilela’s insurance money to buy a House

Mzansi actress and singer Simphiwe Ngema just purchased her very first home, and she’s making it clear she didn’t use her late husband Dumi Masilela’s insurance money to do it.

Simz Ngema

On Instagram, Simphiwe posted a screenshot of an email confirming her home purchase. And while celebrating this huge milestone, the 30-year-old took some time to set the record straight regarding rumours about her finances. continue reading

Source: The Citizen