This is an attractive and zesty all in one dish. It’s full of veggies and chicken and loaded with flavour. A quick fix for a long day. If desired, top with shredded cheese and tortilla chips.
Cook: 30 mins
Total: 40 mins
Prep: 10 mins
Yield: 4 servings
– 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
– 1 (1.27 ounce) packet of dry fajita seasoning, divided
– 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
– 1 (15 ounces) can of black beans, rinsed and drained
– 1 (11 ounces) can of Mexican-style corn
– ½ cup salsa
– 1 (10 ounces) package of mixed salad greens
– 1 onion, chopped
– 1 tomato, cut into wedges
Directions / Instructions
Rub chicken evenly with 1/2 the fajita seasoning. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat, and cook the chicken for 8 minutes on each side, or until juices run clear; set aside.
In a large saucepan, mix beans, corn, salsa and other 1/2 of fajita seasoning. Heat over medium heat until warm.
Prepare the salad by tossing the greens, onion and tomato. Top salad with chicken and dress with the bean and corn mixture.
Per Serving: 311 calories; protein 23g; carbohydrates 42.2g; fat 6.4g; cholesterol 35.9mg; sodium 1605.9mg.
Source – cooking365.co.za